Submit one or more entries now!
Deadline for entries is June 15, 2017
- Everyone who enters Seeing in SIXES will receive a copy of the finished book in September 2017. (One copy per entrant.)
- Projects must be 6 images exactly (an arbitrary, but inflexible number that places on these projects a haiku-like structure).
- Selected entries will appear in a 6-page spread in the finished book.
- A project title (with or without subtitle) is recommended.
- Other optional components are at the photographer’s discretion: subtitle, a sentence or paragraph of introductory text, image titles or captions, poetry, narrative, etc.
- Contact information for the photographer (e.g., email, website, Facebook) will be included with each published project.
- Entry via online submission only. Seeing in SIXES detailed entry instructions and entry forms can be found at www.lenswork.com.
- Entry fee is $45 for the first project, $25 for each additional project. There is no limitation on the number of projects you may submit. Remember, everyone who submits a project will receive one finished book in Sept. 2017. (One copy per entrant.)
- Unlike many other juried publications, you retain all copyrights to your images and written materials. LensWork is granted one-time only publication rights.
- Additional books will be available for purchase by you and LensWork readers!
- You must enter to be considered for inclusion in this juried publication!
- Entries may be color or black-and-white!
- Complete submissions that are “ready-to-publish” are required
- Please fill out the Entry Form (a PDF form) and include it with your transmittal
- Image files should be flattened (no layers) and must be 8-bit files, either RGB or grayscale mode images.
- Images should be unsharpened, if possible. If they are already sharpened, please indicate so to prevent us from over-sharpening your images.
- Images need to be a minimum of 3400 pixels on the long side. PPI is not important because we'll adjust for our needs in our prepress workflow. Just be sure they are 3400 pixels on the long side.
- Color space Adobe RGB (1998) is recommended.
- We prefer JPEG (saved with maximum quality), but can accept Photoshop PSD files, or TIF files, if necessary. Other formats will not be accepted for submission.
Title and Captions
- If you have titles and/or text captions you would like us to consider including in your project, please embed your titles or captioins as metadata in the digital image file. This can be done using Lightroom, Photoshop’s Info panel, or other software. Title should be “Title Case” and captions should be “Sentence case.” Do not use ALL CAPS or all “lower case.” We do our best to proof text before publishing, but we ask that you do your best to be sure all text is correct in both spelling and punctuation.
- The entry fee for your first 6-image entry is $45 (which also gets you a copy of the book!)
- Additional 6-image entries are $25
- There is no limit on how many 6-image entries you may send for review and consideration.
- Entry fee of $45 is paid at our online store here.
- Optional additional entries ($25 each) are paid here.
- Once your entry fee(s) has been paid, transmit your files to us using the instructions below
Sending Your Entry to us
- DO NOT PHYSICALLY MAIL YOUR SUBMISSION
- Submissions only via Dropbox using this upload-only, secure link. (No one will see or has access to your images but us.)
- A confirmation email will be sent once we have your submission
- Be sure you send EVERYTHING needed for publication
- Your six images, high resolutions files per specifications above, plus the . . .
- Entry form completely filled out
- Title (recommended), and any of these optional components like an introduction text, image captions, poem, etc.
- Signed copyright permissions form
Once your entry is submitted, it cannot be changed, nor can you add additional photos. Therefore, please do not submit your entry until you are completely satisfied that you can upload all of the images you wish to enter and that the titles, intro text (optional), as well as your name, website, and so forth, are accurate.
Prepare your six images
PDF Entry Form filled out (and saved with your name and project title)